Jeera Rice Recipe
A simple and flavorful Indian rice recipe with cumin and cashews.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a pot, heat up oil over medium heat. Once hot, add cumin seeds and let them roast for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped cashews to the pot and stir for 1-2 minutes until they start to turn golden brown.
- Add washed rice to the pot and stir for 1-2 minutes until the rice is well coated in the oil and spices.
- Add salt and sugar to the pot and stir again for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pot and stir.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let the rice simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the pot from heat and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then, add the raisins and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve hot as a side dish or as a main course with your favorite Indian curry.
You can use your Fediverse (i.e. Mastodon, among many others) account to reply to this post.