For Prawns Marinade
- One package of prawns
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- One Bay leaf
- Chopped Chilies
- One Chopped Onion
- Chopped Mint
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Tomatoes (not too much, only around one)
- Coriander Powder
- Biryani masala
Cook the rice to around 80%
- Wash the prawns.
- Marinate the prawns for half an hour with 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and a little bit of salt. Mix it all.
- Take a vessel, add oil.
- Once oil is heated, add one bay leaf, cumin, chopped chilies and 1 chopped onion. Add some chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Once the onion is light brown, add ginger garlic paste and then tomatoes.
- Then add the powdered spice. Little bit turmeric powder, half teaspoon of coriander powder, little bit of biryani masala. Add salt to taste.
- Once tomato is cooked a bit, add some water (don’t add a lot of water), some curd (optional).
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for 10 mins.
- Then add prawns, fry it for 4-5 mins .
- Adjust the gravy water consistency. Add the half cooked rice.
- Cook it for another 5 mins with lid covered.