Simple Tomato Sauce for Pizza
Simple Tomato Sauce Pizza
Here is a simple tomato sauce recipe for pizza that should yield about 1 cup (240 grams) of sauce.
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced (100 grams)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (6 grams)
- 1 can (400 grams) of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) of dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, and basil to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the sauce immediately, or let it cool and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To use the sauce on a pizza, simply spread it over the pizza dough before adding your favorite toppings and baking the pizza according to your recipe or package instructions. Enjoy!
You can use your Fediverse (i.e. Mastodon, among many others) account to reply to this post.